Everyone, post your best homemade chicken feed recipes!

Hemp: studies show that birds will eat the hemp seeds first before any other. Why because hemp seeds contains all the protein and aminos in perfect proportion we need!

Last edited:
Yeah go hemp.....
why do we put up with our Big brother government telling us we cant grow hemp?????
why just follow the money
Kentucky is trying to do help.... but you will have to get permission... from Big Brother...
why are we all sheeple??? one talk show local guy said "Americans will accept anything if done incrementally I see it happening everyday.. Reread or listened from library 1984 on CDs It made me cry and I could not finish listening.....
yes, you can buy hemp seed at health food stores etc but they are form Canada.. Duh
I would eat them more if they werent so costly. Dang it I bet ourchicken would eat them...
and I dont even know what they look like... LOL
barnie.gif

Ill get off my soap box and go clean chicken house..... go poop boards and Sweet PDZ
Thanks yall Hubby calls me chicken obsessed......LOL
Oh Ps I wish the default wasnt checked to get notified immediately with replies .I forget to uncheck that before I hit "submit" for posting....

Last edited:
Yeah go hemp.....
why do we put up with our Big brother government telling us we cant grow hemp?????
why just follow the money
Kentucky is trying to do help.... but you will have to get permission... from Big Brother...
why are we all sheeple??? one talk show local guy said "Americans will accept anything if done incrementally I see it happening everyday.. Reread or listened from library 1984 on CDs It made me cry and I could not finish listening.....
yes, you can buy hemp seed at health food stores etc but they are form Canada.. Duh
I would eat them more if they werent so costly. Dang it I bet ourchicken would eat them...
and I dont even know what they look like... LOL
barnie.gif

Ill get off my soap box and go clean chicken house..... go poop boards and Sweet PDZ
Thanks yall Hubby calls me chicken obsessed......LOL
Oh Ps I wish the default wasnt checked to get notified immediately with replies .I forget to uncheck that before I hit "submit" for posting....

Amen! The only reason hemp became illegal is because the big logging corporations took over this country and bought out the politicians. America's rules and regulations are such a joke. Only based on what makes politicians and corporations more and more money, nothing regarding the best interest of the public. If people opened their eyes we could take this country back to it's roots. But too many are blindfolded and want the govt to control them.

I get mine from a feed warehouse that specializes in pigeon feeds. Its about one dollar a pound. My chickens love hemp. i would love to get some that isn't steam-treated to render it sterile for growing.

The Dixie Chicks are Southern Country girls of questtsionable heretige..They are a tough group and a bug

snatching,dirt digging,hay tossing bunch.. LOL,

AM Feed: Simple scattered cracked corn,barley,wheat. Placed in dirt run,Amount for 12 ....14wk chicks..depends whats in run and feeder.. can be 1/2 -1 1/2 cups

PM:2 cups crumbled grain bread,4 cup shredded lettuce,(carrot what evers about to spoil in veggie bin or garden),2-4 smashed egg shells,about tbsp meat grease ,1/2 scratch and mixed,some scatterd,some in feed dish

All my measurements depend on what they leave..I increase and decrease feed when I peep on them after work and in the morn.

The Dixie Chicks are Southern Country girls of questtsionable heretige..They are a tough group and a bug

snatching,dirt digging,hay tossing bunch.. LOL,

AM Feed: Simple scattered cracked corn,barley,wheat. Placed in dirt run,Amount for 12 ....14wk chicks..depends whats in run and feeder.. can be 1/2 -1 1/2 cups

PM:2 cups crumbled grain bread,4 cup shredded lettuce,(carrot what evers about to spoil in veggie bin or garden),2-4 smashed egg shells,about tbsp meat grease ,1/2 scratch and mixed,some scatterd,some in feed dish

All my measurements depend on what they leave..I increase and decrease feed when I peep on them after work and in the morn.
welcome-byc.gif
Hey Laurie, Glad to have you with us. I hadn't thought about the meat grease. Good idea.
thumbsup.gif

I get mine from a feed warehouse that specializes in pigeon feeds. Its about one dollar a pound. My chickens love hemp. i would love to get some that isn't steam-treated to render it sterile for growing.

Hey sheilae
welcome-byc.gif
Glad to have you. Is hemp worth a $1 lb? Just wondering. I mix 1 scoop Gamebird to 3 scoops grower. Bumps it up in protein a couple of bits. I wonder what the protein % is on hemp. On another thread a guy buys carnivore fish food. LOTS of protein. Like 45 or something

On Hemp Seed the better the quality the better the protein percentage. I'v seen it as lo as 10% and as high as 26% protein.
Hemp seed needs to be used sparingly I read fed 5:1 ratio.

Back
Top Bottom