Everything Asil Thread ( show off those Asil )

Pics

josh44

Songster
11 Years
Jun 16, 2008
San Antonio Texas
There has been other threads that have Asil in them, but haven't seen a pure Asil thread.
Though id make one, since they are such an old and popular breed.

Post everything Asil here, colors, types,classifications, breeding tips the different strains & families etc.

Basic info on the Asil:
Asil originally come from India, and are a very old if not ancient breed.
The Asil is said to be a breed that's over 3,000 years old.
The Asil comes in many colors & is considered a hard featherd breed.

The Asil is some times spelled Aseel.

C' Mon everyone show off your Asil
cool.png

Last edited:
A lot of Asil don't do well raised like other chickens. They need to be raised by a hen. The hen keeps them in line and keeps the pecking order battles from getting too serious. Most people are probably going to sell Asil a little older, once they have had a chance to see them develop a little and make their own picks. They aren't really a breed that is easy to mass proiduce, the hens only lay so many eggs before they go broody, the chicks don't do as good without a hen, and it's kind of hard to house a whole lot of hens. So most people are going to start with a limited number, and then they are going to want to pick out their own replacements, from those.

There are hatcheries with Asil. I don't know how their birds are bred, but if I was a hatchery and offered the Asils that I have as day old chicks, I don't think it would work well. First, I would have to have a jillion hens in order to make sure and have one that was laying at any given time. I would have to charge a fortune. Then, if I shoved them in a box with enough other chicks to keep them warm, I don't think the other chicks would arrive without damage. Imagine a baby veloci-raptor, and you will have a pretty good idea what I'm describing.

If you had a hen to put them under, some hatching eggs might work better for you than chicks.

Back
Top Bottom