evil bantam

Sarahj21

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 3, 2013
East sussex uk
Hi have a problem with my 4 year old bantam, her only friend died so we got her a new friend and she hates her!! we have had the new girl for afew weeks now and the old girl as soon as we let them together attacks.
They are in the same run but have mesh to keep them apart. What else can I try? or is it a case that they will never get on?

I had "integration issues" with all my new chickens that I added one by one to the flock but they all got it sorted out after 1 - 4 weeks. Maybe try to give them food on both sides of the mesh so that they get used to eating "together". I' ve heard that can help chickens bonding.

The first time together...They will fight...Pecking order needs to be established..As long as no one gets injured, you need to let them figure it out....Chickens understand Chicken behaviour ....
I had 2 hens and one died yesterday. I'm considering re-homing the remaining hen so she isn't lonely. A neighbour has 4 hens and another has 10. I'm concerned about my hen's position in the pecking order. How do they sort it out? Will my hen be OK in a new home?

Back
Top Bottom