exchequer leghorn thread

dominique man

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 11, 2014
Findlay Ohio
This thread is for the rare exchequer leghorn. We as breeders and enthusiasts must work together to get the exchequer APA recognized. Post your pictures and information about this unique and rare leghorn

Anyone?
I have a flock of Exchequers and I need to figure out which rooster to keep. I am aiming for the whiter ones. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of what I consider the most beautiful chicken pattern. I don't think I have posted here enough to be able to post pictures, tho. Thanks for starting this thread. Is there anywhere to get an idea on a standard of coloring?
Karen in CT

Hi all, I just have one Exchequeuer chick bought as part of a group of day-olds from MyPetChicken, and readily adopted by a broody Buff Orpington sitting on a clutch of eggs. She is absolutely gorgeous at the age of 8 weeks, even though the "checkering" is still a bit uneven as she develops. She does have black spotting on her legs, which I'm curious about; none of the other chicks or hens have it, so is it part of the breed? As far as personality, she's definitely the shyest/flightiest of the bunch, but I'm hoping to win her over in time. They're a beautiful breed that really stand out in a mixed flock!

IMG_2327.JPG IMG_2326.JPG IMG_2324.JPG .these are my exchequer leghorn boys, these 3 boys are 2 months old , i have 2 girls but they dont my camera, i ordered from sand hill

Back
Top Bottom