Exchequer Leghorns

Pics

Layira

Songster
9 Years
Mar 9, 2010
I've been looking around at this breed after I saw them and I have to say, I really like the breed. However, they are not accepted into the APA, which kind of upset me because I think they are really gorgeous birds.

So, anyone know why they aren't accepted as a breed and how could one go about getting a breed accepted?

Im pretty sure i couldn't find it in the Standard of Perfection...
idunno.gif

They are accepted by both the APA and ABA. Here is a pic from my ABA standard, I would've taken one of my APA one as well, but I don't have it on hand at the moment.

DSCF29611.jpg

They might be a ABA only variety.

As of my 2001 American Standard of Perfection.

Large Fowl Leghorn
Dark Brown, Light Brown, White, Buff, Black, Silver, Red, Black-Tailed Red, Columbian and Golden Duckwing.
Bantam Leghorn
Barred, Black, Golden Duckwing, Black-Tailed Red, Buff, Columbian, Dark Brown, Light Brown, Red, Silver and White.

Chris

I know a friend of mine used to raise LF exchequers and she would often win ch mediterranean. She won with more than one judge judging, so I don't believe the judges just assumed it was a recognized variety without verifying.

I know that splash silkies are listed in an addendum at the back of the 2001 SOP rather in with the rest of the silkie standards: they were recognised by both the APA and ABA in 2001, and the book had already gone to press except for last minute additions. So you might check in the back to see if they are there.

Back
Top Bottom