Exchequer Leghorns

Quote:
I looked there
wink.png

LF
Cuckoo Dorking, Wheaten Aseel,

Bantams
Fawn Silver Duckwing OEGB, Mille Fleur OEGB, Black Dutch Bantam, Bearded Splash Silkie,

Chris

As far as I know they are not in the APA standard.I think if they were petitioned and the proper paperwork and channels followed,they could be admitted. They have been known since 1904 when the Scottish breeder Mr. Miller originated them. They were imported to the US in the 1920's.I am sure I could find it mentioned in old Reliable Poultry Journals or Leghorn World magazine.They have been in the UK standard for many years,but it requires a completely yellow leg like all Leghorns. They often are seen in the US with black mottled legs similar to Anconas.

Quote:
So they're recognized in the UK but not in the US? Hmm, ok. Well I guess I'd have to get the UK standard then.

Quote:
I tried to use the chicken calculator, but it was so much simpler just to ask! My EL are still very young, but was disappointed to see the mottling. I have one cockerel and 2 pullets. I guess I should go for a BL under my EL as not to have too many roos? Or does it matter, I do know you don't need that many roos to cover 2 hens at this time.

THanks for the help.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom