Experts of brahmas

Brahma94

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2018
Hello everone once again this is my brahma red pyle or splash i’m not sure of it, secondly i want to know that to which brahmas breed i can cross it with?

Attachments

• 6E0C43F9-6A77-4889-8324-B0E68F745ABE.jpeg
    6E0C43F9-6A77-4889-8324-B0E68F745ABE.jpeg
    700.2 KB · Views: 21
White Cochin bantam rooster and light Brahma bantam hen.

I just posted on your other thread concerning this question, and saw this so I figured I'll add this here as well in case it helps someone in the future.

I'm fairly certain that the cochin would be recessive white, and the thing about recessive white is that it can cover up just about any other color, so there is not really a way to know what color your cochin is genetically speaking under the white, he could be black, he could be blue, he could be buff, etc.... but most likely he is black.

So assuming the recessive white is covering black, mating him with a light brahma would result in offspring that are all black, and would be split for recessive white, meaning they carry one copy of recessive white (it takes two copies of recessive white for the white to be expressed.)

It's so complicated lolz. Thanks a lot for the information ;) I just take a look closely to my bantam rooster and just found that there are tiny buff coloured feathers underneath his white feathers. Just very few buff coloured feathers:)

Back
Top Bottom