Extra toe?! Lav. Orpington

ShaylaFox

Songster
6 Years
Jul 5, 2014
Arkansas
I’m looking into buying this 14 week old lavender Orpington rooster but his extra toe is throwing me off. Are Orpingtons known for extra toes? Is he pure as she claims he is? What is the likelihood he passes this to chicks? Is it a serious problem? I want to hatch lavender Orpingtons and don’t want junk genetics...

Attachments

• 6FC96BBC-C027-486E-AB7A-009AC01C61BC.png
    6FC96BBC-C027-486E-AB7A-009AC01C61BC.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
I’m looking into buying this 14 week old lavender Orpington rooster but his extra toe is throwing me off. Are Orpingtons known for extra toes? Is he pure as she claims he is? What is the likelihood he passes this to chicks? Is it a serious problem? I want to hatch lavender Orpingtons and don’t want junk genetics...
lavender Orpingtons do NOT have an extra toe, I have 2 and have done plenty of research on them! I also had a cockerel which definitely DID NOT have an extra toe. Have you spoke to this chicks breeder?

Probably another reason they aren't keeping him.
There are other Lavender Orp cockerels out there. It's probably best to avoid this one if you want to breed good unfaulted Lavender orp offspring.
I agree there is definitely other cockerels out there, there are many people trying to give away even well-bred cockerels. you could look on the buy, sell, trade part of back yard chickens to see if there is any true well-bred cockerels for sale.

Where is the extra toe? I don’t see it...

Back
Top Bottom