Extreme SW VA, NE TN and Southern WV

I used to get 100# bags of starter & layer pellets at Giles co farm bureau from bsmill for around $25. Wife picks it up usually now so I'm not sure on exact prices. A local convenience store store has bsmill 25# bags for 7.99 that I got recently in a pinch so I suspect the 100# bags are still around $25.

At Big Spring Mill it is $24 for 100lbs at 20% protein for layer feed and baby feed. They've also got scratch corn and wheat for cheaper than that. It is well worth the drive since I can smell and the chickens can taste how freshly milled it is, though it would be nice if I knew someplace even closer that carried their products (all I can find is their flour in the grocery). The protein content for the layers is easily fixed by mixing in some scratch grains.

Thank you again for telling me and the others on this thread about this incredible resource!

i;m from damascus My name is Don. I have 1 barred rock rooster and three rir hens. also have three white silkiw laying, I need a white silkie rooster. I would trade a hen for a good cock old enough to crow.

Giles county and damascus are quite a distance from me:-( I'd love to get those prices for feed here- it would be $6 to double what I get for $18 per 50#!

I am in Damascus Va. I will trade a white grown silkie hen for a white cock grown, 276 475 5972

I've got a white Silkie that's 5 days old and I'm 99% sure it's a roo
lol.png
But I don't have any full grown Silkies, sorry.

Cknldy I'm sorry Big Spring Mill's not close
hmm.png
Though the more I ask around the more local mills I find, so maybe there is one around that just hasn't shown itself yet.

For anyone wondering, Galax Farm Supply has started up the animal swaps again as has Wytheville TSC. I think Galax should have another next weekend and Wytheville has flyers up saying they will have another on the 27th.

Does anyone know of any swap meets or poultry auctions in the Bristol or Tri-Cities area? Also searching for a good source for Silkie chickens as well. We just moved to the area and have silkies and just ordered our laying hens from a hatchery. Thanks.

I think there's a live stock sale on satuday in Mo untain City Tn. on 421 that includes poultry. I have white silkies that I am tying to Breed Don

hello neighbors. Iam don milligan and hahe 10 chickens .1 adult plymouth rock roo gentle an prrtective.2 silkie hens (white) 1 nice buff orpington pullet about to lay, 5 cross rir'sdon. I hve had no luck trying to raise white silkies as my white roo was killed by a drake duck that i have since carried to damascus mill pond. Nice to know som e chicken lovers are close by I sure need another white silkie rooster phone me at 276 475 5972 thanks for any emails or greetings in any fashion.Don

Hello! I'm in around abingdon VA. I have a breeding pair of Welsh Harelquin ducks. Hopefully in the spring I will allow them to be parents, all signs are good, just don't want a brood in the winter months.

Back
Top Bottom