Eye infection/injury?? Eye has gone blind and gray- pics

Rinda, it looks good. Honestly, I'll be very surprised if she loses her sight. The injury on my Orp's eye was considerably worse and she didn't lose her sight. I think that white will slough off. Here's hoping anyway.
Thanks for the update.

I need to take a good look at it when I go to the old house this weekend. I've not been able to treat it much this week as we are living at the new house already. But we should be moving the chickens tomorrow if all goes well and I will give her a good lookover on Sunday and post a new picture. From what I remember, the swelling is nearly gone but still visible, and the eye is back to more of a normal size, not sure yet if she can see out of it.

I need to take a good look at it when I go to the old house this weekend. I've not been able to treat it much this week as we are living at the new house already. But we should be moving the chickens tomorrow if all goes well and I will give her a good lookover on Sunday and post a new picture. From what I remember, the swelling is nearly gone but still visible, and the eye is back to more of a normal size, not sure yet if she can see out of it.
fl.gif
I hope the move goes well!

And that she can still see from the hurt eye.

Here's some photos from today, still a little swelling and no change really in how the eye looks. Now that all the animals have been moved to the new house I have some time finally to properly crate her and treat her eye daily for a few days and see what that does.

Rinda

Here's some photos from today, still a little swelling and no change really in how the eye looks. Now that all the animals have been moved to the new house I have some time finally to properly crate her and treat her eye daily for a few days and see what that does.

Rinda

Other than a bit swollen, it looks like a normal eye.

Can she see out of it?

I don't think she can, other than maybe general shadows. But she sure tries to see me through it. She knows I am there and keeps trying to make me out from that eye.

I'm quite sure that's not it, it doesn't cause eyeball and socket swelling and graying of the entire eye. Thanks for the suggestion though.

The eye isn't looking any better except that the swelling is gone; still grayed over. I think she has limited vision- shapes and shadows- in that eye. I will try to grab a picture tomorrow if she will come out for some scratch. All the chickens are being wimps about the snow and cold LOL!

Chickens are tough little critters; I'm sure she will be fine :) I do know what you mean about the cold though. I had to carry my hunka hunka burnin Roo out of the coop the past few days! What a wimp
love.gif
Gotta love him.

Back
Top Bottom