Eye infection, yellow mass?

Oh my goodness y'all.

I couldn't do it but my husband, who has a much stronger stomach than me, was able to get it out. I'm not sure if we removed it all, so we may have to do this again tomorrow. But I wanted to give her a break.
Her eye ball has a white film on it and I'm thinking it may be a goner.

The pus had no smell btw.

I put terramycin ointment into the eye and put her down to rest a bit.

Be warned, graphic photos below.

Attachments

• IMG_0582.JPG
    IMG_0582.JPG
    487.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0583.JPG
    IMG_0583.JPG
    421.2 KB · Views: 87
Oh my goodness y'all.

I couldn't do it but my husband, who has a much stronger stomach than me, was able to get it out. I'm not sure if we removed it all, so we may have to do this again tomorrow. But I wanted to give her a break.

GOOD JOB!!!!

Oh my goodness y'all.

:clap

thank you!

We checked it again today and it's still got a white cap on her eye but when we tried to scrape it off it wasn't budging. I didn't want to scrape too much with the instruments cause I'm scared that the cap is her eye and not pus.

We may try again tonight but she's gone through so much trauma that I don't want to push it.

We filled the eye again with terramycin and are still continuing with Tylan.

Anyone else have a bird that ended up with a white cap on their eye after pus removal?

thank you!

We checked it again today and it's still got a white cap on her eye but when we tried to scrape it off it wasn't budging.

Anyone else have a bird that ended up with a white cap on their eye after pus removal?

So glad I came upon this thread. I just removed one of these for the first time. Wow! It’s incredible how much stuff can be in such a small space. These poor girls! How did your girl fare?

Back
Top Bottom