Fallen Victim to "Ding-Dong-Ditch"

quintinp

Songster
9 Years
Oct 22, 2010
Southern Oklahoma
barnie.gif
rant.gif
Yeah this morning at 5:00 a.m. I was woken up by a neighborhood prankster, and couldn't fall back asleep, and am posting it now on BYC, while eating cheese toast, fried bologna, and eggs, (over-medium, sunny side down.) And for the people that may not know what "Ding-Dong-Ditch" is, it's when someone rings the doorbell twice, and runs off.

lol.png
I can relate. Last year we were driving home on a back country road and my husband swerved to miss hitting a cat. As we passed it, we both realized we just got cardboard kittied.
gig.gif
My kids thought it was hilarious and they laughed all the way home.

Cardboard kitty'd.
gig.gif
Never heard of that.

Ding-dong-ditch...we used to do that when we were kids...only in the evening, though, and only in retaliation, of course.
hide.gif

Wonder how many of us grew up to be UPS drivers.
lol.png
They're the only ding-dong-ditchers we get now.

I thought ringing the doorbell and running was Ding-Dong-Dash, and Ding-Dong-Ditch is where you leave some slow witted sucker (like me) at the door and run.
gig.gif

We used to call it ring and run..how imaginative, I know. As kids it was funny, but I can't say at any hr. that it would be funny now. Sure hope it was just a 1 time jokester

Quote:
Wow, I'm feeling really old here.
old.gif
Never heard of cardboard kitty?
th.gif

My brother was king of cardboard kitty. Where we lived there was a big hump in the road at the top of the hill. (ditch water went underneath the road there) You couldn't see over the top until you crested the hill. My brother made a cardboard kitty, complete with hidden wheels, fishing line and marbles for the eyes. He would hide in the ditch and pull the kitty with the fishing line. All went fine until he got busted by our mom because someone spun out on our front lawn trying to avoid the "cat".

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

We used to randomly call phone numbers and ask if their refrigerator was running. When they would say yes, we'd say "then you'd better go catch it!" and hang up. Can't do that now with caller id.

Quote:
Wow, I'm feeling really old here.
old.gif
Never heard of cardboard kitty?
th.gif

My brother was king of cardboard kitty. Where we lived there was a big hump in the road at the top of the hill. (ditch water went underneath the road there) You couldn't see over the top until you crested the hill. My brother made a cardboard kitty, complete with hidden wheels, fishing line and marbles for the eyes. He would hide in the ditch and pull the kitty with the fishing line. All went fine until he got busted by our mom because someone spun out on our front lawn trying to avoid the "cat".

Thank you ~ thank you!
bow.gif

I had NO idea what cardboard kittied was!

Back
Top Bottom