**Fancy Rooster Contest!! Ends 2/28/16**

[/URL]. These are our two roosters they are both twenty weeks old tomorrow. The light brown leghorn is Henri he has been crowing since he was just over seven weeks old. The other is our surprise rooster Buttercup AKA"The Fonz". Who looked just like his female easter egger counter part until about three and a half weeks ago and he started molting and we heard him crow. He's huge all of a sudden to. My profile pic is him just five weeks ago no hint of him being a rooster. But we love them both.

I have always enjoyed the orange/yellow colorings of the leghorns. I like your EE mix's grey beard.

Thats halarious and just about right
1f604.png
hes my baby lol! He has a funny personality! Doesn't even act like a chicken
1f604.png
he likes to crow in my arms for some reason he waits until I pick him up and start walking around with him and then he starts crowing and rests his crazy feathered head on my shoulder.

What are they like? I am very interested in peafowl but don't know much about them.
A lot of people say or think they are hard to raise but their not, they take a lot more work and require more maintince then chickens and or other fowl but they are worth everything you put into them:) They are very load during breeding season but rather then that they are pretty quiet. They're just amazing and so intelligent and very curious birds! I've raised them for 6 years now starting with the pair in my avatar pic:) they were my first two. Peafowl usually lay 2 clutches of eggs per season, each clutch she lays between 6-12 eggs. You will have better hatch rates by incubation rather then her sitting on them. Fun birds! The males as everyone knows are just gorgeous! !!

Back
Top Bottom