**Fancy Rooster Contest!! Ends 2/28/16**

I don't know if I entered already but I'll enter 3 of my 9 boys :)
Cha Chi

Romeo

Court

Thanks. Yes, he actually is wearing a no crow collar. He seems to loosen it throughout the day though so still gets loud. I really hate having to use it on him...I take it off at night and check his neck as it always seems to get red and irritated. Does work when it's in place though.

Wow, he's handsome! He reminds me of my first Maran boy, Sasha. Sasha had a long, single comb like that too and those intense eyes. I called him my dinosaur because that's what he looked and acted like. Unfortunately, Sasha was aggressive and attacked me and so we had to get rid of him.

I really have to hurry up and figure out a way to "neuter" chickens in a healthy fashion so that people can keep roosters as pets without all the complaints about them. I just keep hearing how so many people have to find homes for them because it is illegal to keep them. People are fixing their pet dogs, cats, horses, goats, pigs, llamas, rats, and iguanas, they just haven't yet found a way to do it in a safe manner with birds. What's science for though but to find new things?

Thanks, yes I think he is gorgeous. He is my first rooster experience, (not purchased intentionally) so I have loved watching the interaction between him and the girls. He even saved one of my old girls by creating quite the ruckous when we had our first hawk attack in over 7 years of free ranging recently.

I carry him around under my arm a lot but he definitely takes his job of protecting his girls seriously.

The neutering thing would be awesome! My daughter is a vet tech with an avian vet....I keep telling her she should push the subject. : )

What a handsome boy though!
Thanks. Yes, the neighbors do have dogs. I have tried the no- crow collar route (even though I hate it) but haven't had a lot of luck. Also haven't had luck finding him a home....not sure what the fate of my poor Bruce is going to be. : (

Back
Top Bottom