Farmer's and rancher's chat thread!

Calving can be a nightmare... glad I don't have any cattle.. Though I would like a Jersey down the road

mean birds. They are beautiful... but mean. I prefer cockatiels... at least you can tae it out of them... if you know how to do it right.

Depends upon the year. Have had our bad years already and we are due for a good one.
I got a nice Jersey milk cow. If you get one make sure you get an extra mouth on her besides her calf and your family. Mine has raised 2 extra calves in the last 2 years. When you have days when you have no time to milk her you can turn the calves onto her and they will milk her out for you. Done that a few times.

ok, the WEIRDEST thing just happened.

I went down to my mailbox with 5 turkeys, 2 chickens and my cranes following me(thats normal to me) when out of nowhere, some kid from school pulled up, rolled his window down and took a picture with his phone. He yelled as he pulled away, " Have fun F****** your animals!" and drove off. I picked up a big stone and hurdled it at the truck, barely missing. Im pretty angry now.

You've gotta put that kid in a nice headlock... :p

Back
Top Bottom