Farmer's Union / National Farmer's Union

mml373

Chirping
Aug 3, 2019
I have been a member of the (State/National) Farmer's Union for a few years and have lately realized the need to look elsewhere when it comes to membership of a pro-family-farm organization. There is little talk in their newsletters about what they're doing to help guys like me who are new farmers, too much talk about race and gender otherwise, and the organization's politics and mine do not align. I refuse to be a member of an organization that sees so much in terms of race, gender, left-wing politics, etc., and won't be joining back up next time. I'm a new farmer, this year, and nobody - NOBODY - is helping me in any way to start the business. Well, except for some wonderful folks here on BYC!

Those of you on the left are free to join the organizations of your choice and I don't want to hear attacks here. Farming organizations should squelch the politics and uplift ALL.

Are there any conservative organizations that work to benefit family farmers, or unions that are at least middle of the road or that keep their politics to themselves? Maybe this is a thing with ALL unions, heck I don't know!

I have been a member of the (State/National) Farmer's Union for a few years and have lately realized the need to look elsewhere when it comes to membership of a pro-family-farm organization. There is little talk in their newsletters about what they're doing to help guys like me who are new farmers, too much talk about race and gender otherwise, and the organization's politics and mine do not align. I refuse to be a member of an organization that sees so much in terms of race, gender, left-wing politics, etc., and won't be joining back up next time. I'm a new farmer, this year, and nobody - NOBODY - is helping me in any way to start the business. Well, except for some wonderful folks here on BYC!

Those of you on the left are free to join the organizations of your choice and I don't want to hear attacks here. Farming organizations should squelch the politics and uplift ALL.

Are there any conservative organizations that work to benefit family farmers, or unions that are at least middle of the road or that keep their politics to themselves? Maybe this is a thing with ALL unions, heck I don't know!
There are no politics allowed on BYC, apologies. All unions are kind of like this though.

Back
Top Bottom