Faverolle help

mct01

Chirping
Apr 11, 2016
Lascassas, Tn
Bought these 4, two weeks ago. Need an opinion on one of them. I believe 2 are hens and 1 is male. The one on the left in the back is who I am wondering about.
IMG_20171019_073835803.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there! The pictures are a little blurry and hard to make out, but I do think the one on the far right is a male. Looks like he's got black feathers coming in, and that is a male trait.

I also just wanted to let you know the breed is named after the town of Faverolles, France, where it originated, so the breed name is Faverolles, with the 's'. It always has the 's', whether talking about one bird or twenty :)

Here are a few more pics I took with my camera. Should be better. There is a small amount of brown and black on it so that was why I asked. I had a mis-sort last summer, and it turned out to be a faverolles rooster. I liked the way it looked so I went to a local hatchery for these. Thanks again
IMG_0178.JPG
IMG_0172.JPG

I'm thinking you've got two cockerels and two pullets. The ones in the middle of the last picture both have black coming in, which pullets shouldn't get.

Then again, hatcheries aren't exactly known for breeding to the color standard, lol.

That's what I was worried about when I saw the black. Might call the hatchery and see if she will swap them. Wanted to give a local business a shot first
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom