Faverolles Thread

Hey Cloverleaf, are you getting back into the "other" colors or just salmon? Do you still have that banam white pullet?

Hi, am curious if anyone has ever had a Salmon change colors after they have matured….I have a hen who began appy spotting and has become almost half brown….pure Salmon bantam, no others affected. Since i allowed her free range the brown color is becoming lighter. This is my second one, both bantams.

Posting here because I am looking for the person who purchased the line from Feather Acres in California (Caitlin was the first name of the original breeder). I purchased eggs from her many years ago and tried to find her email in my paypal history but it was so long ago. Thanks for any help!

Here is a picture of the parent stock I bought eggs from in case anyone has ever seen it...

Hi folks! Would any of you know which is smaller, a bantam faverolles or a Silkie?
Similar size, different shape. IF I can get them to cooperate I can take a picture tomorrow of a silkie hen along with our Faverolles cross hen, who is about the size of a normal bantam Fav hen. I don't know how she ended up so small as she is 3/4 LF black Faverolles x 1/4 Coronation Sussex.

Last edited:

My girls make me feel loved! They always come running up to me when I'm home. My husband asked me the other day, "have you ever seen a disappointed chicken?". I thought about it and said no. He replied, "I have, everyday when I get home they run up to the fence and get all excited but when it's just me, that is a bunch of disappointed chickens!"

Back
Top Bottom