Faverolles Thread

Hey everyone! I'm ordering some Faverolles this spring. I'm so excited! I had one little hen over a year ago who was the SWEETEST. She would come perch on my foot while I was outside doing chores. And she would sometimes try to WHILE I was walking and get an accidental flying lesson.
1f602.png
I'm loving all the pics of these adorable chicks!

I forgot that I had pre-ordered some faverolles from McMurray. Lo and behold, I got a message they are coming next week! Surprise.

I'm also going to my first poultry show on Friday! I only have one show quality right now ... a very nice hen. I'm also taking a welsummer and a bunch of bantam Wyandottes.

Any advice on what to pack for the show barn?

Hey everyone! I'm ordering some Faverolles this spring. I'm so excited! I had one little hen over a year ago who was the SWEETEST. She would come perch on my foot while I was outside doing chores. And she would sometimes try to WHILE I was walking and get an accidental flying lesson.
1f602.png
I'm loving all the pics of these adorable chicks!

I'm also going to my first poultry show on Friday! I only have one show quality right now ... a very nice hen. I'm also taking a welsummer and a bunch of bantam Wyandottes.

Any advice on what to pack for the show barn?
I don't show so I can't help too much. Bathe several days in advance. Trim nails and beaks. Are there any local Wyandotte or Welsummer clubs you can ask? I am sure there are all sorts of sprays, ointments, shampoos I know nothing of.

The one time I had birds entered it was last minute (Poultry Congress in MA). Washed them at 5 pm the night before coop in, with dish soap no less. Did nothing else with them and one of the 2 pullets ended up #2 out of 10 entered. The other was #4.

Back
Top Bottom