Faverolles Thread

Definitely a girl. Is she wearing a bracelet? :)
I was sitting on the floor putting them on and my husband peeks over me and says, 'Oh! You're banding them!.' But then with a little more inspections says, 'No, no, you're bedazzling them .'
and yes, I put cute little gems on their ankles ❤️

It isn't the 4 toed foot that has me questioning parentage, it's the complete lack of leg feathering.

She is definitely one I would NOT use in a dedicated breeding program. The lack of breed standard features is usually caused by either cross breeding or careless breeder selection. Her bloodline most likely comes from large hatchery stock.

Even though she isn't breed standard she should still make a nice yard bird; providing a fair amount of eggs and plenty of friendly personality.

She is definitely one I would NOT use in a dedicated breeding program. The lack of breed standard features is usually caused by either cross breeding or careless breeder selection. Her bloodline most likely comes from large hatchery stock.

Even though she isn't breed standard she should still make a nice yard bird; providing a fair amount of eggs and plenty of friendly personality.

The farmer I received her from has a very large faverolles rooster and females. He does keep other hens with him though. So it's likely a mix of one of his other heritage breeds.

I am never intending to breed her, we have 3 hens that are just family pets. We just can't have a roo! She definitely has a quirky personality

I am working with a rooster for poultry exhibition. He will be a year old in August. He would have been ready for a spring show, but my Salmons got it into their head to eat their leg feathers. The rooster has quite recovered his leg feathers and is getting into top form again. I like his look but could used critique. Also, I have hatched off a few of his chicks, and so far I have only hatched pullets. Is that normal?

The first two pictures are from early in the spring.
salmon1.jpg salmon2.jpg

The last picture is from today. The grass was a bit tall so the picture isn't the best.
salmon3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom