Faverolles Thread

Well two of my pullets have decided to go broody argh. Are they a particularly broody breed? Figure they can't be worse than my silkie?

Haha, it would be easy for me to hijack this thread to talk about my Awassi, so feel free to pm me. They go for 2 grand a piece. I love them. Mine sell before they are even born! Lol, so you'd have to get some from Andy at karras farm in north Carolina.

Well two of my pullets have decided to go broody argh. Are they a particularly broody breed? Figure they can't be worse than my silkie?

Our Silkies went broody 3-4 times a year. The guy we got the Faverolles from said each hen went broody once and a few went broody twice this year. I don't have any personal experience to speak from, but at least this line of Faverolles doesn't sound as broody as the Silkies we've had.

I got faverolles because they go broody...lol

Me too! :)

Hey Everyone,

This is the same chick that I posted about a couple weeks ago. I am not quite sure what to think. I at one point was thinking a boy, but now I am not so sure
idunno.gif
So i would like some input if you guys dont mind. What do you guys think? Boy or Girl?

Hey Everyone,

This is the same chick that I posted about a couple weeks ago. I am not quite sure what to think. I at one point was thinking a boy, but now I am not so sure
idunno.gif
So i would like some input if you guys dont mind. What do you guys think? Boy or Girl?

Is this the splash Marans cross? The first picture reminded me of a blue salmon cockerel, but the 3rd has me thinking pullet. At this age I would expect at least a little pink in the comb if a male. At the moment I would guess pullet.

Last edited:
Is this the splash Marans cross? The first picture reminded me of a blue salmon cockerel, but the 3rd has me thinking pullet. At this age I would expect at least a little pink in the comb if a male. At the moment I would guess pullet.

No, just regular salmon faverolles.. the color threw me off as well. Thanks guys for the input. My other little girl was a lot lighter at that age. :)

Back
Top Bottom