Faverolles Thread

This is similar to what I do now. I don't have a scale to weigh with, but I monitor air cell growth and make changes to humidity based upon how fast the cells are growing. Ever since adopting this method, I've had much better hatch rates than when I just tried to go by the recommended humidity settings. All I use for humidity now is a simple gauge built into my incubator that only tells me if the humidity is in the incubation or hatching range.

So you adjust the humidity based on air cell development? How do you gauge whether to increase or decrease humidity? I have to watch air cell development closely with the Seramas but have never tried adjusting humidity based on air cells. Sounds like a great idea!

So you adjust the humidity based on air cell development? How do you gauge whether to increase or decrease humidity? I have to watch air cell development closely with the Seramas but have never tried adjusting humidity based on air cells. Sounds like a great idea!
Check out Sally Sunshines signature link on hatching and incubating- she's really helpful.

Here is a pullet that did well in last falls county fair. My daughter loves her bantam Favs.

She won Reserve Champ of show, and champion in showmanship. 13 years old.

Thanks to Jim Konkel, for the eggs we hatch. (top notch breeder in Central WISC.)

Jim does not ship eggs.

Here is a pullet that did well in last falls county fair. My daughter loves her bantam Favs.

She won Reserve Champ of show, and champion in showmanship. 13 years old.

***************** CONGRATULATIONS ! ! ! *****************

Thanks to Jim Konkel, for the eggs we hatch. (top notch breeder in Central WISC.)

Jim does not ship eggs.

*******************OK, TEASE US, vbg, ****************************

Hi,

I have been growing out two cockerels, trying to decide which one to keep. They both have good feet & leg feathering. The larger one (Sam) is more solid in his color. He has beautiful, rich mahogany coloring on his back/saddle. It's a bit hard to see that part of his coloring in the photos. Sam has a more mild temperament, though they both are very sweet. Sam was hatched approximately mid September, so he is about 13-14 weeks in these pictures.

His "brother" (Sal) who was supposed to be a pullet, is quite different. He is a couple of weeks younger and smaller. Probably 11-12 weeks in these pictures. His color is more patchwork throughout. He has the stronger of the two personalities.

I've had trouble finding the SOP, so my learning curve on these guys has been long & slow. I would really appreciate some input so that I can make a decision on who to keep & who to re-home. The more detail & specifics you can give me, the better I can learn. I hope to keep the best of these two and then find some quality pullets. We are attending the Modesto, CA show in hope of finding pullets there, so knowing which of the boys I will be keeping would be helpful. I really appreciate any & all input. Thanks!

Sam:
:
j

Sal:

Both of them together:

The SOP is available through the APA. Both look typical of juvenile cockerels. Unless they show any obvious faults such as comb sprigs, extra toes/nails the longer you can keep them the more informed your choice will be. Another 4-5 months will give you a better idea what they will be like at maturity.

Back
Top Bottom