Faverolles Thread

I would guess a mix of some kind. Cochins don't have 5 toes, Mahogany Faverolles have an orange tinge but doesn't look like a Mahogany chick. Yellow skin ? or white skin ? Wing feathers buff? what did they say where they are from?

S/he's got white (pink) skin and the wing feathers are coming in buff, just about exactly the same color as the fuzz. I have no idea which hatchery they came from....the people at my TSC are less than useless in that regard. It doesn't matter, really...I am just curious what this chick could be. It's not like I take any chicken that came from TSC seriously! LOL I've got a few in my laying flock (my original girls that got me started in chickens) and they are beloved pets, that's all. I don't breed those.

On another subject, does anyone here have some good LF salmon faverolle hatching eggs they can sell me in a couple of weeks? I seriously would like to start working with this breed.

Thanks,
Katja

S/he's got white (pink) skin and the wing feathers are coming in buff, just about exactly the same color as the fuzz. I have no idea which hatchery they came from....the people at my TSC are less than useless in that regard. It doesn't matter, really...I am just curious what this chick could be. It's not like I take any chicken that came from TSC seriously! LOL  I've got a few in my laying flock (my original girls that got me started in chickens) and they are beloved pets, that's all. I don't breed those. 

On another subject, does anyone here have some good LF salmon faverolle hatching eggs they can sell me in a couple of weeks? I seriously would like to start working with this breed.

Thanks,
Katja

What part of the country are you located?
I have the best luck picking eggs up locally, rather than shipping.

This guy is a Silkie/Cochin cross (pure Silkie over Silkie/Cochin) that I'm thinking of putting with my adult Fav hen just to experiment. I had intentions to sell him because he and my older Silkie roo don't gee-haw anymore, but he's just so sweet (and handsome!) that I don't wanna let him go! I have some Fav chicks coming in the middle of next month, but since they won't be ready for breeding anytime soon, I thought it'd be fun to see what these two would make in the meantime... she's his favorite gal anyway.

He has white skin and five toes, but has a little bit of a crest and not much in the beard department. His straw colored markings are on black, they don't go all the way down (they look laced on some feathers). He also has a touch of coppery red in his upper wings/shoulder area. My Faverolle is pretty good typewise: nice shape, big beard, proper toes... but a little dark I think. Has a slight touch of black ticking in her beard and neck. (sorry, no pic yet ^^; )

Anyway, I know anything from the pairing would only be pet quality... just thought I'd gather some opinions before I decide what to do. I'm kinda interested to see if I can get a frizzle "Fav"...

Sammy is my favorite chicken. She is a Salmon won. Her and I can carry on a conversation that makes my other chicks beaks fall open. When we get started then comes Sassy and Suxx. they are my speckled Sussixs. I have not been thrown to the loney been yet. Love all my flavors of girls. Each one has an awesome personalty.

I post a while back wondering the quality of these. They are older now, can anyone tell me quality? Thanks in advance.

4ce6e82f473d55af8be1e58ea449f3bf.jpg

bf3f9224593785623faa56ae566c8798.jpg

2497ef563b2d474b3d7327e45044d311.jpg

c93897e336c557b3dd9395f13e1f8868.jpg

Just got these today. Always liked Faverolles and couldn't pass on them. New to the breed, do they look proper? Also how's the quality of these if u can tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom