Faverolles Thread

I was hoping that someone on this thread would be able to lead me in the right direction. I would like a flock of Salmon Favorelles. These would be just for my personal flock. I appreciate the quality from breeders and would prefer these over hatchery stock. But, I may not have much for options here in Iowa. If there is a hatchery that has good stock, I'd love to know. I am looking to get them next Spring or Fall. If anyone has any suggestions for chicks, please let me know.

Thanks!!

I was hoping that someone on this thread would be able to lead me in the right direction. I would like a flock of Salmon Favorelles. These would be just for my personal flock. I appreciate the quality from breeders and would prefer these over hatchery stock. But, I may not have much for options here in Iowa. If there is a hatchery that has good stock, I'd love to know. I am looking to get them next Spring or Fall. If anyone has any suggestions for chicks, please let me know.

Thanks!!

I got my Frou Frou from My Pet Chicken. She is sweet to me and pretty BUT (here is the big butt. ;)) she is beardless. She is 24 weeks old and not yet laying though she is showing interest in the nests.

I have heard MPC gets their Faverolles from Meyers.

I live in southwestern MN and have show caliber bantam salmon faverolles. I've been breeding and showing them for about 6 years now. I'm an NPIP flock and do have a current IA import permit. Shipping is available if its not too cold or I'm about an hour from the IA border. I'd have 9 chicks out of the shell right now (2 days old) that are $6 each.

I just started to get into the breed, I have 3 ea five week olds, and I have 7 eggs on the brooder. My question for the group; I currently have 3 chicks, two have all black chests and one has mostly brown. Could that one be Hen?

This is Mrs piggy she is now broody going on day 5 I wish she would stop! Agh and she is my best egg layer

This is Mrs piggy she is now broody going on day 5 I wish she would stop! Agh and she is my best egg layer
She's very pretty.
If you want to stop the broody behavior, and get her back to laying, put her in a wire-bottomed cage- with food and water, (a dog crate from TSC or a large parrot cage, etc ) Leave her in the cage for a few days either in the garage, basement, sunroom, or if your coop is big enough, in the coop. That changes their minds pretty quick.
I've got a silkie that also needs to go in the broody breaker- I have no idea why she chose the fall, when it is getting so cold;
idunno.gif

She's very pretty. 
If you want to stop the broody behavior, and get her back to laying, put her in a wire-bottomed cage- with food and water, (a dog crate from TSC or a large parrot cage, etc ) Leave her in the cage for a few days either in the garage, basement, sunroom, or if your coop is big enough, in the coop. That changes their minds pretty quick. 
I've got a silkie that also needs to go in the broody breaker- I have no idea why she chose the fall, when it is getting so cold;  :idunno  

I have a cage just for that but unfortunately its holding my baby chicks. I'll have to see if I can put the baby chicks in a different container

So I put the Chi KS in the little mini coop with their ecoglow warmer they should be fine it's not colder than 55 yet at night and I put Mrs piggy where the planter box goes with it on top and a tarp in case it rains. I will make this work!

I live in southwestern MN and have show caliber bantam salmon faverolles.  I've been breeding and showing them for about 6 years now.  I'm an NPIP flock and do have a current IA import permit.  Shipping is available if its not too cold or I'm about an hour from the IA border.  I'd have 9 chicks out of the shell right now (2 days old) that are $6 each. 

Thank you for the offer! As tempting as it is, I think it's best for me to wait until Spring or after. :-( Oh, and I am looking for the standard breed too. Thanks though!

Back
Top Bottom