Fawn and white runners??? Pics

Crazy4cochins

Songster
11 Years
Oct 5, 2008
NW MO
16670_ducks_032.jpg
See how theres a little dark coloring around it's bill, Is that a sign of a boy or girl? One has it and the ther does not. Are these fawn and white runners? they stand upright when the run. I have a black runner but he's like a year old and these are still babies, I got them in April.

I noticed that on my 7 week old female fawn and white runners yesterday, but I don't think it determines their gender.
smile.png

It's a little hard to tell in the picture, but they look like fawn & white Runners to me, although the tails look different than my Runners. I don't think the bill coloring says much about gender, at least not until the females are laying and by that time--well, by that time the females are laying, lol! You should be able to tell by voice at this point though--a female will have a loud quack, and the male will never do more than chuckle or murmur.

Enjoy. They are sweet!

Sorry they are all wet in the picture, it's raining today and I swear we live in a bog so they are having lots of fun playing in all the stupid puddles. I can tell for sure that one of my pekins a girl she is loud but the runners are quieter. I will keep listening to them I have a black male runner thats older and his voice is very deep it's soo funny to hear the boys be so much queiter than the girls!! i am use to my loud mouth roosters.

I wanna see pictures!!!
big_smile.png

Dang it I need an incubator that works and i'd hatch theses babies out myself. I now have 10 eggs as of this morning.yeahh I am so excited.

Their coloring looks like runners, but their tail does look a little different. I don't know if it is the picture or not. You can tell when they are older, because the male gets that curly tail feather, also you can can tell by their voice. The male has a deep voice and the female has a quack. You have to wait a while though. Here is a picture of one of my fawn and white runners.

28584_angel_relaxing_on_the_couch.jpg

Thats so cute. I am pretty sure mine are, they weren't at full attention when I was taking my pictures. I see the tail curls on my other ducks . so I will keep looking at bums and listening.lol

Back
Top Bottom