FBCM boys or girls?

mkenner

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2017
I have 6 new marans, 3black copper, 3 blue copper. Anyone's want to guess gender for fun?

Chick 1. Male? Not sure.
IMG_6535.JPG

Chick 2. Girl
IMG_6536.JPG

Chick 3. Female
IMG_6538.JPG

Chick 4. Male
IMG_6532.JPG

Chick 5. Female
IMG_6534.JPG

Chick 6. ??
IMG_6533.JPG

All chicks will be a week old on Saturday except #3, she was 2 weeks old yesterday.

I am going to try and do weekly updates on this group for fun and to see how the guesses work out! I was thinking male on chick one because the copper coming in on the wings but the more I look the more I think it may be a girl with a lot of leakage or ma just moly out later. These are out of some really nice show winning parents..I'm excited to see how they turn out!

I'm really excited about this group! Excited about next year! I'll have this nice set and also a very nice set of crested cream legbars!

With Marans, comb is the biggest indicator.

I could tell mine by 2 weeks of age as the males were already sprouting noticeable combs.

My guess at this point is chick #2 which already has some serious teeth showing on that single comb.

Stance and tail feathers mean nothing. Marans stand taller than other chicks...but those combs will telecast the males.

So my guess at this point is watch chick #2.

LofMc

I will try to add better pictures of the comb today! I think it's fun to watch and try to guess!

Back
Top Bottom