Fearless chickens curious about Rottweiler

ChickMommaSD

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 28, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
These are our first chicks and I love them already. We are extremely careful with our dog but funny the chicks are not afraid of him one bit.

They are brave cuties, aren't they? They run up to the dog all the time and he's more curious than bothered. Here's another funny face-off:

It's funny how they're not afraid, lol. Our chicks like to hang out with Daisy our cat. She lets them snuggle up to her.
love.gif

Daisy has a very strong maternal instinct. She tries to mother any tiny helpless creature, lol. She grew up around chickens and chicks so she is a little confused. The hens and chicks seem to sense that she means them no harm, and they let her hang out with them. It's really cute when the babies come over to say hello to her and end up cuddling in her soft fur. I've even caught her licking and grooming them.
smile.png

It's funny how they're not afraid, lol. Our chicks like to hang out with Daisy our cat. She lets them snuggle up to her.
love.gif

That's amazing. I don't know if our cat would snuggle our chicks but she did take in a baby squirrel once and let it breastfeed her and raised it up alongside of her kittens.

Back
Top Bottom