I didn’t know I could love a baby chick this much!

Thorn_shrike

Chirping
Dec 28, 2023
Winchester KY
I got some chicks a couple weeks ago, two Delawares and two Buff Orpingtons. Almost the same day I brought them home I noticed one of the little Delawares seemed extremely interested every time I would walk by! It eventually started running to the side of the brooder to get as close as it could and when it started to feather out began trying to “fly” up to me. Before the first week was even up I could put my hand down in the brooder and it would run over and hop/fly onto my hand, climb up my arm, and nestle into my neck 🥹. Over time it actually taught the second Delaware to hop up on my hand (the second one is very cautious and skittish) and one of the Orpingtons even started to do it! Right now we call this sweet baby “Buddy” and call it a him but we really have no idea what he/she is yet :)

I included lots of cute cuddly chick pictures from the day we brought them home up until now 🥰🥰🥰

Attachments

• IMG_2015.jpeg
    IMG_2015.jpeg
    503.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2299.jpeg
    IMG_2299.jpeg
    699.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2287.jpeg
    IMG_2287.jpeg
    576.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2282.jpeg
    IMG_2282.jpeg
    576.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2245.jpeg
    IMG_2245.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2239.jpeg
    IMG_2239.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2178.jpeg
    IMG_2178.jpeg
    541 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2130.jpeg
    IMG_2130.jpeg
    639.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2113.jpeg
    IMG_2113.jpeg
    752.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2072.jpeg
    IMG_2072.jpeg
    484.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2071.jpeg
    IMG_2071.jpeg
    506.9 KB · Views: 6
I got some chicks a couple weeks ago, two Delawares and two Buff Orpingtons. Almost the same day I brought them home I noticed one of the little Delawares seemed extremely interested every time I would walk by! It eventually started running to the side of the brooder to get as close as it could and when it started to feather out began trying to “fly” up to me. Before the first week was even up I could put my hand down in the brooder and it would run over and hop/fly onto my hand, climb up my arm, and nestle into my neck 🥹. Over time it actually taught the second Delaware to hop up on my hand (the second one is very cautious and skittish) and one of the Orpingtons even started to do it! Right now we call this sweet baby “Buddy” and call it a him but we really have no idea what he/she is yet :)

I included lots of cute cuddly chick pictures from the day we brought them home up until now 🥰🥰🥰
so sweet:love I wish my birds were that tame.

Back
Top Bottom