Feather damage

mix scratch with more layer pellets veggies and few dried meal worms every evening... I have multi drench in water. I think once I get the quill mites and worms under control they should make a fast recovery... Fingers crossed hope for the best... Thank u

During the treatment and recovery from treatment period I suggest discontinuing the scratch and veges and up the protein relative to what the layers pellets provide. Dried meal worms increase protein although I am skeptical about the vitamin and fat quaility resulting from the drying and long period of storage. Try boiling and egg and breaking it up in feed. I also cup up frozen fish such as smelt or even salmon with skin on and mix it in. On the side have available the BOSS and possibly some dark green salad greens. Another additive I use to get color back into birds is by adding paprika to feed. Serving in wet can increase palatability.

During the treatment and recovery from treatment period I suggest discontinuing the scratch and veges and up the protein relative to what the layers pellets provide. Dried meal worms increase protein although I am skeptical about the vitamin and fat quaility resulting from the drying and long period of storage. Try boiling and egg and breaking it up in feed. I also cup up frozen fish such as smelt or even salmon with skin on and mix it in. On the side have available the BOSS and possibly some dark green salad greens. Another additive I use to get color back into birds is by adding paprika to feed. Serving in wet can increase palatability.
thank u so much
1f601.png
I will take your advice and change food as soon as I get home. Thanks again my BYC family
1f44d.png
1f44d.png
1f44d.png
God bless everyone. I will keep y'all updated.

Seems a lil better and he's definitely better appetite but did noticed wrinkle dry looking skin.. Is this normal after treatment ? He tends to love the dry meal worms and dark green veggies he gobble it all up super huge crop and seems to be gaining some weight... Just the dry/wrinkle skin kinda alarming? His poop is sometimes normal but mostly kinda brown yogurt texture sometimes poop with clear watery with lil poop mix in... Mayb still too early to tell?

How are they doing?
i swab his mouth to check for gape worms but didn't noticed any red on swab tip... He is becoming mean too to the hen he wants all the food especially all the protein stuff won't let the hen really eat but when I separate them she eats ... They both still have that ill sick look tho but pretty active when let out of cage... Possible they are stress do to such a small confinement? Noticed more singing and clucking lately hen sounds like egging that clucking layers make. Continue few more treatments after 10 days?

i swab his mouth to check for gape worms but didn't noticed any red on swab tip... He is becoming mean too to the hen he wants all the food especially all the protein stuff won't let the hen really eat but when I separate them she eats ... They both still have that ill sick look tho but pretty active when let out of cage... Possible they are stress do to such a small confinement? Noticed more singing and clucking lately hen sounds like egging that clucking layers make. Continue few more treatments after 10 days?
o and they seem super thirsty too!! Possibly that causing liquidity poop?

How big is the cage you have them in? Since they are inside, you don't need a heat lam on them.
kinda small like 3x4 and it gets kinda cold near the garage so I keep that 250 Wat lamp in there but have the door cracked open all the time and they actually sit under it soaking up the heat?

Back
Top Bottom