Feather's Full Bator, Two Month, Cochin Bantam, Hatchalong! If youre not in excited by this, I dont know what excites you!

Pics
Yeah. Same with me. I had to give up two rooster so my mom let me get two paint silkie pullets.
Ah. I have 3 coops. I started with a small one that holds my first 4 chickens. Then I hatched a few and got a few from TSC and we bought another coop. It is pretty big and can hold quite a few chickens. Then, a hen from that flock died and we hatched her eggs and got two chicks. We found a good deal on a big coop that only needed a little bit of work. My plan was to move my first 4 into the big coop and give the two chicks the smaller one. Unfortunately those two chicks died. By this time the second flock was down to two chickens. (2 hen killed and 1 roo given away) It had a hen and a rooster. That is why I hatched the Blue Cochin Bantam eggs. I have a growout pen (the coop that need work) So I'll let them finish growing, let the broody hen hatch, and keep the extra cockerels in there till we get rid of them. Once all those are moved out (end of this year) I'll order some Bantam chicks that I want from Ideal (next spring).

Ah. I have 3 coops. I started with a small one that holds my first 4 chickens. Then I hatched a few and got a few from TSC and we bought another coop. It is pretty big and can hold quite a few chickens. Then, a hen from that flock died and we hatched her eggs and got two chicks. We found a good deal on a big coop that only needed a little bit of work. My plan was to move my first 4 into the big coop and give the two chicks the smaller one. Unfortunately those two chicks died. By this time the second flock was down to two chickens. (2 hen killed and 1 roo given away) It had a hen and a rooster. That is why I hatched the Blue Cochin Bantam eggs. I have a growout pen (the coop that need work) So I'll let them finish growing, let the broody hen hatch, and keep the extra cockerels in there till we get rid of them. Once all those are moved out (end of this year) I'll order some Bantam chicks that I want from Ideal (next spring).
I'm sorry that you lost so many.

Back
Top Bottom