Feathers & Hats

dutchlion

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 24, 2014
Peidmont area, NC
I simply adore feathers
love.gif
I think they are so elegant. I especially love hats that are adorned with feathers. These are a few hats I've done... I'm still learning how to really put them together... but it's so much fun!

I'd love to hear & see what others have done! I've also made several pairs of feather earrings... Some of the feathers are chicken, some are parrot (a colleague is being an enabler
celebrate.gif
)

Your hats are gorgeous. I am going to make some too. Hair clips might be really pretty too. You have a nice eye for color and composition.

@lovepeeps I would love to see what you come up with! and i have a mind to do some hair combs, and fascinators... I've just really started doing this, but i do love it!

@sunflour i put the unusable feathers in my compost... they supposedly are wonderful for the soil. a farmer friend of mine told me that and only buys fertilizer and such if chicken feathers are one of the first ingredients. his gardens always are beautiful :)

@lovepeeps I would love to see what you come up with! and i have a mind to do some hair combs, and fascinators... I've just really started doing this, but i do love it!

@sunflour i put the unusable feathers in my compost... they supposedly are wonderful for the soil. a farmer friend of mine told me that and only buys fertilizer and such if chicken feathers are one of the first ingredients. his gardens always are beautiful :)
Thanks for info, I am placing them along with coop poop clean outs in compost pile.

Back
Top Bottom