February 2017 Hatch-a-long

That's moms for you I'm an old fart I get my way lol

:gig

I have a extra bedroom, that became my sewing room when we first moved into this house, but now It has become my Chicken room. 3 incubators and 3 brooder totes lol

Oh then there's the other spare bedroom that has all my shipping supplies.....and another brooder tote. :lau

I think mom was a Speckled Sussex, other than that, no clue.

Well, 93% hatch rate! Unfortunately I will not be hatching in March, unless somebody orders three dozen chicks tomorrow, in which case I'll throw some in the bator, but I'm going to try to sell eight of these new chicks, build another coop, and just breathe a little. I'll set eggs for the Easter HAL.

Me, too. DH said no more hatching until we get the barn set up for chickens. :(
Hope the ducklings I just locked down sell quickly. I am thinking, since it's March now, they should go quick. Heard chirping when I locked them down last night, so at least 1 has internally pipped.

I locked mine down this morning - it's a day early, but I've got a super busy weekend and I'd rather go early, than to forget entirely. I only saw one draw down, didn't hear any chirping, but they were all looking good otherwise.

This is where I'll be tomorrow. I've been on the planning committee - helping with donations and wrapping the auction items etc. I'm glad the event is finally here, it's been a LONG process getting here. The good news is, we sold out - it will be a full venue.

Shanes-Inspiration-Save-the-Date-Gala-2017.jpg

Me, too. DH said no more hatching until we get the barn set up for chickens. :(
Hope the ducklings I just locked down sell quickly. I am thinking, since it's March now, they should go quick. Heard chirping when I locked them down last night, so at least 1 has internally pipped.

Good luck! Any of these eggs from me?

I locked mine down this morning - it's a day early, but I've got a super busy weekend and I'd rather go early, than to forget entirely. I only saw one draw down, didn't hear any chirping, but they were all looking good otherwise.

This is where I'll be tomorrow. I've been on the planning committee - helping with donations and wrapping the auction items etc. I'm glad the event is finally here, it's been a LONG process getting here. The good news is, we sold out - it will be a full venue.

Sweet! Good luck. (I love Andy Garcia!)

That is a charming poster! I love vintage travel art. Best of luck to you with the gala! Enjoy!
(I used to work in Hollywood, as a costume designer for stage. This bring back memories of times gone by.)

Update: This one little Sebright is like no other chick I've hatched. At two days old, it is so alert, so upright, so agile and so FAST! I shall never be able to catch it when it is grown, so I hope it learns to come to me. So far, it enjoys perching on me, and is a chatterbox. It feels more like a parakeet than a chicken.

That is a charming poster! I love vintage travel art. Best of luck to you with the gala! Enjoy!
(I used to work in Hollywood, as a costume designer for stage. This bring back memories of times gone by.)
Thanks! I have a friend that is a costume designer for TV shows. I would think for stage it would be so much more elaborate and exciting! There was a HUGE painting in the office of a bunch of cuban type ads and slogans. If they have it at the auction, I'll get some photos!

Ok, the last of my late night Ebay purchases is still in transit. It was dropped at at the original post office on 3/1 with an estimated delivery of 3/4. It went from that post office, to Oklahoma City, then to Los Angeles, it then went to Santa Clarita which is 35 miles north of LA (33 miles away from me).

I'm hoping it will skip the Goleta trip, since Santa Clarita has to go RIGHT PAST us, 60 miles further to Goleta, which then would come back those 60 miles to my PO.

Whatever changes the PO has made, REALLY, REALLY sucks.

Back
Top Bottom