February 2017 Hatch-a-long

That's the part I was worried about. I bought an incutherm thermometer/hydrometer with the bator and it's saying 100.6,and 10%. My other hydrometer is in the still air which is currently in lockdown. I must say I'm a little frustrated seems how my FI Incubator runs about 40% in the same room with no water added. I may be in trouble if the new Hova is correct as far as humidity goes.
1f60f.png

I hate it when gadgets make me second guess myself! There's a certain amount of condensation I will look for during lockdown that accumulates in the little plastic ring around where the cord comes out. The rest of the time, I run pretty low humidity, so I may not worry about it too much. (And just for reference, because I'm a huge nerd, hydrometers measure the density of liquids, hygrometers measure humidity.)
1f603.png

I hate it when gadgets make me second guess myself! There's a certain amount of condensation I will look for during lockdown that accumulates in the little plastic ring around where the cord comes out. The rest of the time, I run pretty low humidity, so I may not worry about it too much. (And just for reference, because I'm a huge nerd, hydrometers measure the density of liquids, hygrometers measure humidity.)
1f603.png
Good call perhaps I should have said humidity gauge.
1f602.png
Anyways I believe I've got the temperature thing figured out. It appears that my temperature on the new unit is .5 degrees high. Now as for the humidity issue I will resolve that after the hatch. Thanks for everything
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Total right now stands at THIRTEEN! Two or three eggs have pips, but have had them for awhile. Watching and waiting. So pleased this time around vs my first two. Of course, that's a HUGE DOUBLE EDGED SWORD! I don't want to stop... someone, please direct me to the nearest Chicken Math help group....

Total right now stands at THIRTEEN! Two or three eggs have pips, but have had them for awhile. Watching and waiting. So pleased this time around vs my first two. Of course, that's a HUGE DOUBLE EDGED SWORD! I don't want to stop... someone, please direct me to the nearest Chicken Math help group....

Um, yeah. "Hello, my name is Kathy and I'm a hatchaholic."

How do they not break the eggs when they sleep??

I know some sat in a chair and slept...talk about miserable. Tie your hands to the side of the bed? :lau

Hi, my name is Savannah and I'm a hatch-a-holic. I own 2 incubators, 23 chicks, and 27 more on the way! Not to mention the 35 adults....

Back
Top Bottom