February 2017 Hatch-a-long

We went out of town this past weekend and I debated putting the eggs in lockdown prior to going. The air cells were still real small and I have four eggs in there that are 10 days behind so I went ahead and left them. Yesterday when we got back I took them out of the turner, put water in the incubator troughs, and put the shelf liner down. This morning around three I had 2 external pips in the RIR x Marans crosses. It looks like one of those was a late quitter so I'm expecting three. Two of the BR x Marans also quit so I am expecting one and that one is internally pipped. All of the full Marans (10) are hanging in there and looking good. Some are drawn down a bit too much. I think I will have chicks when I get home and I didn't want them to get mixed up but didn't have any mesh trays to put the eggs in to separate them, so I made walls out of damp wash cloths. Hopefully they don't climb over them before I get home!

Woohoo!!!!! I see itty bitty veins in my turkey eggs from @MontainBourbons !!!!!!! Baby turkeys on the way!!!!!
(Nope, not excited at all...
1f602.png
)
Also think I see some veins in the bantams from @WVduckchick

Awesome! I'm going to follow along here, hoping for a great hatch for you!

I am on day 18 of a set myself. 8 shipped seramas, and 11 of my own bantam cochins. Will crank up the humidity when I get home from work.

Awesome!  I'm going to follow along here, hoping for a great hatch for you!

I am on day 18 of a set myself.  8 shipped seramas, and 11 of my own bantam cochins.  Will crank up the humidity when I get home from work. 

Yay! Glad you're with us! Day 19 for me. This batch is primarily a gift for some folks, and then the ones I set Saturday and the batch coming to set Friday are the fun-for-me group (SFH, Silverudd's Blues and CCLs)

Yay! Glad you're with us! Day 19 for me. This batch is primarily a gift for some folks, and then the ones I set Saturday and the batch coming to set Friday are the fun-for-me group (SFH, Silverudd's Blues and CCLs)

Thanks! I set more Sunday too, looks like I'm always a day behind you!
big_smile.png

I want some CCLs!!!! Need yet another pen before I can do that though.

Thanks!  I set more Sunday too, looks like I'm always a day behind you!   :D   

I want some CCLs!!!!  Need yet another pen before I can do that though. 

I do things a little backwards... get eggs, then chicks, then build the pens!!! I work best under pressure (well, it's either that or a solid case of procrastination!)
1f60b.png

February 2017 Hatch-a - Long.... YAAA cause I just set a total 32 eggs on Feb 17...
Hens Are 4 E. E. and 1 R. Sexlink
Roosters Are.. 1 E. E. And 1 B. Australrop..
-- end up with two Rhodabar eggs in there as well, but Dont know WHO Dad will be..
(Did have 6 Rhodebars hens.. they were Poor Colored Rhodabars, but I was WANTING Dual Purpose.. Sadly the lady in the area is putting to much into COLOR AND MARKINGS that she is serously losing the entire Dual Purpose part, so got rid of them)

What a Mix... But Cant Wait to see What hatches..

February 2017 Hatch-a - Long.... YAAA cause I just set a total 32 eggs on Feb 17...
Hens Are 4 E. E. and 1 R. Sexlink
Roosters Are.. 1 E. E. And 1 B. Australrop..
-- end up with two Rhodabar eggs in there as well, but Dont know WHO Dad will be..
(Did have 6 Rhodebars hens.. they were Poor Colored Rhodabars, but I was WANTING Dual Purpose.. Sadly the lady in the area is putting to much into COLOR AND MARKINGS that she is serously losing the entire Dual Purpose part, so got rid of them)

What a Mix... But Cant Wait to see What hatches..

:frow
Glad to have you join us!! Sometimes mixes turn out so interesting! And, it's definitely more of a surprise when they hatch than if they're pure and you are expecting certain colors/traits already!

Back
Top Bottom