February 2017 Hatch-a-long

Ok...any duck hatching gurus? I have two eggs that have gotten almost a dark cast to them over the last couple days. I'm due to start hatching tomorrow and I've seen a few of the eggs rocking a bit. So I think I may get lucky with at least a few ducks hatching for me this first time. But the dark eggs have me worried, could they be a late death?

HEY EVERYONE, look who decided to join us afterall!!!! Welcome home little buddy. Number 10 hatched. 100% hatch rate again.
1f44d.png
1f44d.png
1f44d.png

Congratulations to you and all 10 of the hard-workers!

Went into 'lockdown' with 193. Holding steady at 99.5F / 65% humidity.

A little concerned that the eggs were pretty close together. I have 123 set to hatch Saturday and 70 on Sunday. We'll see what actually happens. I'm thinking I might get some pipping tonight and hatching tomorrow, they are usually a bit early.

Ok...any duck hatching gurus? I have two eggs that have gotten almost a dark cast to them over the last couple days. I'm due to start hatching tomorrow and I've seen a few of the eggs rocking a bit. So I think I may get lucky with at least a few ducks hatching for me this first time. But the dark eggs have me worried, could they be a late death?

Do you mean on the outside of the egg? Can you get a pic?

I have 4 hatched so far, 3 seramas (one was very tiny and needed full assist) and one bantam cochin. Lots more pips. :yiipchick

Back
Top Bottom