Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Should I help these two or give them more time? They have made little to no progress the last 24 hours in zipping. When I woke up yesterday, my incubator was pretty dry at 48% while these two were zipping. I thought I had enough water and the other hatching chicks would keep the humidity high enough. Maybe they got stuck with the drier conditions?

One more over night. Went and checked on my broody and she had 2 of her 3 so far. Took the chance of moving her inside. She settled in just fine. (Were freezing still). Decided to take the chance and put bator chicks with her. When she heard them crying she talked to them. Fluffed up and.scooted.them right under her. Happily ever ending since.

Should I help these two or give them more time? They have made little to no progress the last 24 hours in zipping. When I woke up yesterday, my incubator was pretty dry at 48% while these two were zipping. I thought I had enough water and the other hatching chicks would keep the humidity high enough. Maybe they got stuck with the drier conditions?
You might not need to help them, but it does look like they need more moisture. The one on the right appears to have white (dry) membrane. I would just get a warm wet paper towel and wrap the egg in it, making sure that the paper towel has contact with the membrane (even one small corner touching works). Good luck!!

You might not need to help them, but it does look like they need more moisture. The one on the right appears to have white (dry) membrane. I would just get a warm wet paper towel and wrap the egg in it, making sure that the paper towel has contact with the membrane (even one small corner touching works).
Good luck!!

Thanks! Followed your advice a few minutes after you posted. I did see slightly more progress when wrapping the egg, but now I see a toe pushing out of the egg on that brown egg.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom