Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
First 6 are doing great! One of the Jaerhon females is a little explorer, first to do everything! Her current obsession - between distractions, eating and naps - is to be the first on top of the plate. She's still working on her plan but getting closer every try. She's there on the right, but didn't quite make it.

So then it was time for a snack and more planning.

And maybe a quick nap.

The lone egg for next week (NJ) is still developing well. And the next 8 for the next week (also NJs) are too! Tho' technically I think they're March HAL eggs so I shouldn't mention them here. : )

Trying to get them to like FF isn't going so well tho'. Two of them seem to like it, another one acts like 'baby's first grapefruit' every time he tries it. But they have an assortment. Waiting on some fodder greens to grow so they can play with that too. Too funny!

So the one I posted photos of earlier of half zipped and stopped. It's been 24hrs now and no improvement or any more work done at all. The membrane is starting to look funky now too, like soggy and a slight tint. I'm curious if i've already lost the little booger. :( Darn. Humidity still hasn't dropped below 75%

So the one I posted photos of earlier of half zipped and stopped. It's been 24hrs now and no improvement or any more work done at all. The membrane is starting to look funky now too, like soggy and a slight tint. I'm curious if i've already lost the little booger. :( Darn. Humidity still hasn't dropped below 75% 

Are you hearing any chirping? I'd help at this point. :fl all is well.

Are you hearing any chirping? I'd help at this point.
fl.gif
all is well.

I helped, I zipped it the rest of the way, leaving the membrane. Couldn't hear anything. Dark yucky colored membrane so I went for it finally and it was gone
sad.png
got to its little beak and no movement or breathing at all. Wide open. Who knows what happened, it honestly looks like it took a rest and sucked back up or was far too big because it's beak at the position it is wasn't even near the egg anymore to zip.

I'm pretty squeamish and am not wanting to take the chick fully out of the shell, but I am curious as to how large it is. Looks pretty large compared to the others.

I think my broody was 3 for 3 overnight. It's hard to tell since she is so protective. The minute they stick their heads out she's ushering them back under! It's so sweet to hear her talk to them :). Here's the best pic I could get this morning.

Back
Top Bottom