February/March Grow-a-long

Can he fly over the border?
Chicken-achieves-dream-of-flying.jpg

I later got her a bodie who sadly passed away so she's been with my mum's Cornish cross
Survival is a game type bird, they age slowly and don't really get big so the Cornish she was once the same size with are now 4 time's her size and get chanced over everything lol

So I got her another game cockerel who should be a lil bit older than her, decided to name him ray, after my previous game rooster who was a phyco

But anyways sorry for the long story it's been a while
Here's lil ray 👇

Attachments

• IMG_20230508_163040_218.jpg
    IMG_20230508_163040_218.jpg
    597.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Update on my March babies. 8 1/2 weeks old.

My boy Ru.
Screenshot_20230514-131036.png

Screenshot_20230514-131138.png

The ladies:
Screenshot_20230514-131214.png
Screenshot_20230514-131058.png
20230514_115932.jpg

Ru and a couple of his gals.
20230514_115844.jpg

They are doing great. The last week i havent been shutting the door to their mini coop inside the coop. The big girls still wont let them roost on the big roosts so they are still using the ones in their coop. But in the morni g they are all in the main coop together waiting to get let out and no one has been harmed.

I chase the big girls out into the chicken yard and keep the little ones in their little run for the first couple hours so they can eat their grower food. Then i open the gate to the little run and let them wander around the big yard for the rest of the day. Theyve been mingling well with the expected bit of bullying from the top of the pecking order but its not too bad. In a couple weeks we will be taking down the fence to the little run and all the birds will be eating grower with oyster shell available for the layers. Then about a week after that i will take the kennel out of the coop and they will have to figure out how to share the big roosts. There are 2. And my 8 big girls generally just use one. There is plenty of roost room. They will.work it out im sure.

Update on my March babies. 8 1/2 weeks old.

My boy Ru. View attachment 3504941
View attachment 3504944

The ladies:
View attachment 3504945View attachment 3504947View attachment 3504948

Ru and a couple of his gals.
View attachment 3504950

They are doing great. The last week i havent been shutting the door to their mini coop inside the coop. The big girls still wont let them roost on the big roosts so they are still using the ones in their coop. But in the morni g they are all in the main coop together waiting to get let out and no one has been harmed.

I chase the big girls out into the chicken yard and keep the little ones in their little run for the first couple hours so they can eat their grower food. Then i open the gate to the little run and let them wander around the big yard for the rest of the day. Theyve been mingling well with the expected bit of bullying from the top of the pecking order but its not too bad. In a couple weeks we will be taking down the fence to the little run and all the birds will be eating grower with oyster shell available for the layers. Then about a week after that i will take the kennel out of the coop and they will have to figure out how to share the big roosts. There are 2. And my 8 big girls generally just use one. There is plenty of roost room. They will.work it out im sure.
Welsummers?

Back
Top Bottom