Feed going up... again.

chickened

Crowing
9 Years
Oct 2, 2010
western Oregon
Is it just me or do feed prices resemble the oil prices? I mean now that we have decided to use feed for energy are the feed prices going to be subject to the futures in similar manner as oil?

I am cutting back drastically on my birds in preparation for next winter's prices... this sucks.

Is it just me or do feed prices resemble the oil prices? I mean now that we have decided to use feed for energy are the feed prices going to be subject to the futures in similar manner as oil?

I am cutting back drastically on my birds in preparation for next winter's prices... this sucks.

Feed grains have been traded on the futures market for some time now, just like oil has.

caf.gif

Last edited:
Feed grains have been traded on the futures market for some time now, just like oil has.

caf.gif
How long? It seems that it is being treated like a fuel more than a food.

Using our food supply for energy is a bad idea on the list of great all-time bad ideas.

A country that cannot feed itself is destined for failure.

Last edited:
Senior citizen discount of 10% at Coastal on Tuesdays. Don't say I never helped you out, chickened.

EDIT: On a serious note.. feed really has gone through the roof in our part of the country. I was buying Purina flock raiser for something like $17.25 a bag in April but when I go to buy the same stuff now it is over $20... and like you said, it isn't even winter. I'd be curious to know if there were any decent bulk food places in our relative area where we could save money in the long run. I have looked before but never found anything worthy enough that has made me pull the trigger.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom