Songster
11 Years
Jan 6, 2009
Tampa Bay
Hey Florida chicken and other flock keepers

What are you paying for:

50 lb of Chicken crumble ?

50 lb of cracked corn ?

50 lb of high protein feed 26-30% like game bird type feed?

Please post locations and prices in Tampa Bay area.

I am paying $15.00 to 16.00 4 purina here in hudson fl. w/ coupon i get $3.00 off 4 2 bags. subburen feed is on st.rd. 52 in hudson fl.
should be about same in tampa. big feed store at hwy 41 & berris ave. in tampa fl.

Quote:
If I had to pay around $15.00 for 50 lb either Purina or Dumor I'd get rid of my birds and get into another hobby.

In my previous experience Dumor (Tractor Supply) was old and stale most of the time, Purina has been always overpriced and overrated, it caused Vitamin 12 complex deficiency in my gamebirds. After diagnosis I switched to Manna pro and my birds did recover.

Purina is "proud" of not using any animal fat or products in their feeds, so if you feed Purina exclusively you are forcing your birds to become VEGANS. Their "nutrition" is made of mostly soy beans which are now being proven not very good to you or your birds.

I buy my feed at local feed mill, it is freshly custom milled, I pay $11.00 for 50 lb of 30% protein gamebird, $8.00 for 50lb of "all animal feed" which is 14% protein mix made up from grain, and other fresh milled fresh stuff.

Then for my chicks I mix it with 30% gamebird. Result : better nutrition, at much lower price do your own math.

If I mix it 50 / 50 I get 22% feed for my chicks, for $9.50 instead of overpriced, overrated, stale and old 15 or 16 % garbage at $15.00 or $16.00 a bag.

Any way my birds love it and they are thriving. And I am not being forced into a poor house so far.

flock raiser in s.c. to $ 19.00 for 50 lb bag. I have looked at other feeds they all look like powder to me.
sad.png

I have got some feed from fla. milling when I go to fla. I can't go every other week. to get it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom