Feeding Ducks

I keep my ff out during day light hrs and out of direct sun. Never have had it go bad. The ACV keeps that from happening Mine love ff if I put out dry they rarely touch it but all of mine except my one Muscovy and gander have been raised on FF. I like Sally Sunshines method because I like the consistency of the ff I started out with the wetter but my preference is dryer.

Last edited:
DSCN7010.JPG
Love to see more pics of your Mandarin's do you also have domestics?
I only have mandarins and Ring Teals. I had one mandarin that hatched out 2 other hens eggs and her's. Here ya go.
2018 ring teal male 2.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN7015.JPG
    DSCN7015.JPG
    421.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 2019 mandie ducklings first swim1A.jpg
    2019 mandie ducklings first swim1A.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 2019 ducklings4.jpg
    2019 ducklings4.jpg
    680.3 KB · Views: 3
She hatched all those ducklings and she looks so tiny. How adorable :love they are all gorgeous.
Yes she did. I had one hatch out 18 ducklings. Mandarins are known to egg dump when one hen starts laying. You sometimes loose eggs that way as she won't sit until SHE is done laying. Learned that this year. I was too late to take them in and put in incubator. But I have 60+ duckling now and the Ring Teals have not started to lay yet. They will they are just turning a year old. So they will be late layers. and that is ok with me. So out of 60+ ducklings only two mom took care of them. It was amazing. I even had some hatch that were as much as a week younger and either mom would take them. Won't get rid of either of those moms for sure. lol

Back
Top Bottom