Aelizabethk

In the Brooder
May 2, 2022
Hi,

We have one goose that lives with our chickens, and currently they are all eating an all-flock feed, plus occasional produce scraps and foraging grass/greens outside the coop in our fenced pasture. We would like to go back to using layer feed as it is significantly less expensive here— how do I make sure our goose has the nutrition she needs (I keep reading about niacin, and have no idea if that’s something that occurs naturally in the grass or is always supplemented/integrated in their feed)? If I supplement with brewer’s yeast or other source of niacin, will this hurt the chickens? We have an open feed bowl and water bowl currently that all have access to. Thanks in advance!

I have chickens, ducks and a goose they all use the feeders I put out for them and for many years I have been using Nutritional yeast to make sure my waterfowl are getting adequate amounts of niacin. It has never hurt my chickens, I also feed layer and I add a tablespoon of Nutritional yeast to every cup of feed I give them.

I have chickens, ducks and a goose they all use the feeders I put out for them and for many years I have been using Nutritional yeast to make sure my waterfowl are getting adequate amounts of niacin. It has never hurt my chickens, I also feed layer and I add a tablespoon of Nutritional yeast to every cup of feed I give them.
Thank you! This is very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom