Feeding Meat Birds

MKKimmen

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 19, 2010
Michigans Upper Peninsula
We have 10 four week old Cornish Rock's. I was wondering if we can move them outside yet to the coop? The smell so bad! We chanage bedding frequently, and they still are super stinky. We live in the Upper Penn. of Michigan, and our temps right now are anywhere from 55deg to 72deg during the days and our lows at night are 35-45deg. They have most of their feathers, but look kinda patchy to where I can still see a little pink skin in spots. We could put a heat lamp in the coop if needed too.

Also, the Mill where we ordered them from advised to keep them on the Starter feed. It is in a mash-form, something they grind there at the Mill. Is this okay, or do they need to go on the Grower feed? Plan to butcher between 8-9weeks.
What kind of feeding schedule should we be following now? The 12hr on and 12hr off?

First time with meaties.. :)

Thanks!

Move them out I put mine out last week I just added a heat lamp at night and mine will be 4 weeks old this Friday. I feel you on the smell I had 25 in my basement

yes on the 12 hour on and 12 hour off.

I heard the smae thing on the starter as it has the highest protein I use multi flock 28% protein some places have that others do not. you want at least 20% protein and most grower has 18%

I raise mine for competition and have championed a couple times, I keep them on light 24/7 and purina start and grow the whole time. My temperature is a bit different than yours ( im in SoCal) but a fan helped move air around and keep the smell down.

Thank you!
smile.png
I'll get them moved outside!

I raise mine for competition and have championed a couple times, I keep them on light 24/7 and purina start and grow the whole time. My temperature is a bit different than yours ( im in SoCal) but a fan helped move air around and keep the smell down.
they have meat competitions?

Back
Top Bottom