feeding store bought chicken egg shells to quail

therandomhatcher

Chirping
Apr 2, 2021
Can I feed chicken eggshells to quail? They will be from the store since other than quail which are inconsistently laying, have no other fully mature birds. Is this okay. if so, how will I do it. can I just crack them and give them the whole shell right away, or special treatment. Any info is helpful

Can I feed chicken eggshells to quail? They will be from the store since other than quail which are inconsistently laying, have no other fully mature birds. Is this okay. if so, how will I do it. can I just crack them and give them the whole shell right away, or special treatment. Any info is helpful
Yes you can feed crushed chicken egg shell to quail for calcium, crack them then rinse and dry then crush, or crack set on tray back till dry then crush

I put my eggshells in a bowl and I set them on my toaster oven. After a few days of being warmed and dried up there, I put them in a ziplock bag and roll them with a rolling pin to crush.

Back
Top Bottom