Feeding Troughs for Fermented Feed, please post your photos

I'm using 4" sewer and drain pipe(cheaper than schd. 40), cut it with a 4" angle grinder with a diamond blade for cutting ceramic tile. Put 2 caps on the ends no glue. Screwed it to the wall.

frow.gif
Thanks!

Lisa :)

I really like this feeder, it's made by BYC member 'Island Roo'

I have a difficult time cutting this pvc stuff, I tried using my regular blade, even had it set really low but it was still a rough crooked cut.
I checked out the cost of a plywood blade for my portable saw and it was $20.

Island Roo
I used a rotary tool with a cutting blade. Its goes quickly if you don't have a lot to do. I thought about using a table saw but I've had PVC catch on saw blades before. As Chris mentioned, using a fine tooth blade would be the way to go if using a power saw.
Mine is 4" pvc.
I like this one for the simple reason that I can take it down and clean it out every now and then. Gonna see if I can find someone that is clever enough or has the right tool to cut this pvc

This is mine. I made it out of a piece of vinyl gutter. I just used what we had on hand for the legs and the ends. I used a piece of metal the length of it to help hold up the poultry wire because I knew they would want to GET ON IT. lol Going to make one more out of the other piece of gutter. Only thing is, it's hard for me to spoon the food in it with the poultry wire over the top but IF I didn't do that they would be standing in their food!
I had it attached to the wall BUT they couldn't feed but from one side of it and I have 38 chicks ranging from about 8 weeks old to 6 week olds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom