Feeding Troughs for Fermented Feed, please post your photos

Ullie

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 8, 2012
Ontario, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
I was just wondering what kind of feeders people where using to feed their chickens Fermented Feed?
If you have photos, please share. Thanks
clap.gif

I'm using 4" sewer and drain pipe(cheaper than schd. 40), cut it with a 4" angle grinder with a diamond blade for cutting ceramic tile. Put 2 caps on the ends no glue. Screwed it to the wall.

Here's my brooder feeder. It's a plastic tub with a baffle made from corrugated plastic to keep them from walking through and pooping in the feed. The point discourages perching. Time 10 minutes and cost free (scrap from another project). Works great so far. I'll probably build something similar for the adult feeder.

I purchased a length of vinyl gutter, and cut it into 3' lengths. I glued end caps on, and screwed a piece of wood on the backs of each "trough". On the backside I put 2 eye bolts, and used stainless carabiners to attach to eye bolts in the run, so I can remove them to clean. So far they are working perfectly!

Last edited:
How big are these? They seem like little baby chick feeders from the picture.
It shows the dimensions over on the side of the page. they are for a goat but they work really well for all my flock. including baby chicks and ducks, i just give them something to stand on till big enough to use it.

How big are these? They seem like little baby chick feeders from the picture.

It shows the dimensions over on the side of the page.  they are for a goat but they work really well for all my flock. including baby chicks and ducks, i just give them something to stand on till big enough to use it. 
Dimensions are hard for me to visualize. I'm very weird like that @_@

How many can it feed for a full day?

Back
Top Bottom