Feeding Troughs for Fermented Feed, please post your photos

I am thinking about using a 4 inch PVC pipe cut in half lengthwise. I am feeding 54, so I will put out a couple of these. Putting a cap on each end and attaching it to the wall. I am still in the thinking process, so plans may change, but I am thinking that's the cheapest, easiet way without a lot of waste.

I am thinking about using a 4 inch PVC pipe cut in half lengthwise.  I am feeding 54, so I will put out a couple of these.  Putting a cap on each end and attaching it to the wall.  I am still in the thinking process, so plans may change, but I am thinking that's the cheapest, easiet way without a lot of waste.
How do you cut the PVC properly?

DO you have to use a skill saw? Those things freak me out. Anyway to do it with a table saw? It's more controlled.

Last edited:
I really like this feeder, it's made by BYC member 'Island Roo'

I have a difficult time cutting this pvc stuff, I tried using my regular blade, even had it set really low but it was still a rough crooked cut.
I checked out the cost of a plywood blade for my portable saw and it was $20.

Island Roo
I used a rotary tool with a cutting blade. Its goes quickly if you don't have a lot to do. I thought about using a table saw but I've had PVC catch on saw blades before. As Chris mentioned, using a fine tooth blade would be the way to go if using a power saw.
Mine is 4" pvc.

Last edited:
frow.gif
Thanks!

Lisa :)

I really like this feeder, it's made by BYC member 'Island Roo'

I have a difficult time cutting this pvc stuff, I tried using my regular blade, even had it set really low but it was still a rough crooked cut.
I checked out the cost of a plywood blade for my portable saw and it was $20.

Island Roo
I used a rotary tool with a cutting blade. Its goes quickly if you don't have a lot to do. I thought about using a table saw but I've had PVC catch on saw blades before. As Chris mentioned, using a fine tooth blade would be the way to go if using a power saw.
Mine is 4" pvc.
I like this one for the simple reason that I can take it down and clean it out every now and then. Gonna see if I can find someone that is clever enough or has the right tool to cut this pvc

Back
Top Bottom