Feeding Wild Birds

Do you have the Rose-breasted Grosbeak there? They are pretty too. Once in a while they will wander this far west, I've seen a few over the past decades, most likely migrating north as they don't stay long.
On occasion i see them for a while. I'm kinda right on the line of their breeding territory in sw MO
I Luv it when they come around. Haven't seen one since we moved yet. But maybe we will.
Obvi we don't have those this far east, but we do get orioles, which have a similar appearance.
I do enjoy those. Had lots of them in town.
I should tell the folks that bought my house. Those birds will be pecking their windows wondering where the sam hail their grape jelly is. 🤣

The Martins will be hunting their houses too. 😭
Used to nearly everyone in town had a Martin house. Most don't anymore so i had tons. I thought about leaving the houses but they are sentimental to me so i took them.
They said they would put one up but i bet they don't.

Young couple.

The Martins will be hunting their houses too. 😭
Used to nearly everyone in town had a Martin house. Most don't anymore so i had tons. I thought about leaving the houses but they are sentimental to me so i took them.
They said they would put one up but i bet they don't.

Young couple.
You're moving??? Are you leaving MO?

I love watching birds. Once in awhile I will get a picture. This one I zoomed in so it's not the best.

45114.jpeg

You're moving??? Are you leaving MO?
No no.. i sold my house in town and moved last summer. It's Only about 12 miles away to some property we bought back in 2018. It has a big old school house on it my hubby is gonna use as a shop. We built ourselves a small studio apartment style house that we're still not finished with.. but we wanted to sell while the money was good and get outside town.

Back
Top Bottom