Female and Male Leghorns?

I think the one closest is a cockerel because I see saddle feathers. The one in the back we would need a full body shot and not just the profile. A lot of chickens have large combs and waddles and are still female.

Can I get an opinion as to the sex of these two? Starting to worry they are male.

No eggs or crowing
they also have silver legs, so now not sure on breed!!
They are very nice looking but that's all I can say. I have six white Leghorns pullets but they are very young. Can't wait to see how they develope.

Last edited:

I am new to this site and had a question about a chicken needing a home. My local animal shelter called me today wanting to know if I could rescue the chicken in the pic above. Is it a male or female? Also, is it a leghorn? I currently have eleven hens and would like to stick with all hens.

I am new to this site and had a question about a chicken needing a home. My local animal shelter called me today wanting to know if I could rescue the chicken in the pic above. Is it a male or female? Also, is it a leghorn? I currently have eleven hens and would like to stick with all hens.
welcome-byc.gif

That looks like a little white Leghorn cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom