Female ducks mating or seceret drake.

Adelic

Chirping
Jul 26, 2022
My ducklings are 15 weeks old and none of them have layed eegs yet. They are all supposed to be female from being sexed.

Recently Kira, our black Swedish, has been what appears to be mating with our buff duckling and only her. Does anyone know if Kira was sexed incorrectly or if it is females mating.
My seperate drakes mate all the time so I don’t know what to think. Kira was sexed by Mezter Farms where we got most of her siblings.

Attached are pictures of the mating happening and a separate one of Kira (the black one).

Attachments

• 2F4572A5-8503-4780-8788-CE41ACAD0AB1.jpeg
    2F4572A5-8503-4780-8788-CE41ACAD0AB1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 24
  • 4D29C8EC-CD03-4CAE-A977-906ABD79DF40.jpeg
    4D29C8EC-CD03-4CAE-A977-906ABD79DF40.jpeg
    789.2 KB · Views: 12
  • E13E1844-734D-47D5-B53C-CB571888438B.jpeg
    E13E1844-734D-47D5-B53C-CB571888438B.jpeg
    460.8 KB · Views: 11
Females WILL mate each other, but Kira may be a male. The green head can indicate male. Do you know how to sex ducks by their voices? If Kira makes a more "quack" sound rather than the sort of rasping sound drakes make, she is a girl.
I do hear the difference in voices from the drakes too females, but I’ve had a hard time with Kira since the only tine she really quacks is when the other 7 also are quacking. I’ll keep and ear open though,

Thank you for the help!

I do hear the difference in voices from the drakes too females, but I’ve had a hard time with Kira since the only tine she really quacks is when the other 7 also are quacking. I’ll keep and ear open though,

Thank you for the help!
Female ducks can quack and make a bunch of different noises, but drakes can only make their rasping noise. So it sounds like she is a girl!

My ducklings are 15 weeks old and none of them have layed eegs yet. They are all supposed to be female from being sexed.

Recently Kira, our black Swedish, has been what appears to be mating with our buff duckling and only her. Does anyone know if Kira was sexed incorrectly or if it is females mating.
My seperate drakes mate all the time so I don’t know what to think. Kira was sexed by Mezter Farms where we got most of her siblings.

Attached are pictures of the mating happening and a separate one of Kira (the black one).
She's slender and no sex feather, so presumably female. They mate all the time just to show dominance, I don't think you should be worried. Cute ducks!

I've had 6 female ducks at one point. Definitely all females. They gleefully made stacks of 3 while mating.

Years later I only have 2 left. They are 7.5 and 8.5 years old. They still mate every day. Every day!!

For my ducks it doesn't seem to be about dominance. The most dominant duck is usually on the bottom and requests it. *shrug*

Back
Top Bottom